My beloved AEG of Adventures in Argyle is joining me in the Big Apple!
I couldn't be happier to be reunited full-time with my favorite gal pal. The search for Todd and Alan (the male equivalent of us: a Waspy Jew and a Preppy Catholic) lives on!
The one and only Kappa Prep over at Monograms and Manicures tagged me to do the below Meme. Not only is she a sorority sister, but she's also a fellow Texan!
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 songs you are embarrassed to admit to others that you like and tell why.
3. Tag 5 random people at the end of post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
This is tough as my music taste is extremely eclectic and I don't really apologize for any of it. However, here are 5 of the cheesiest songs I love that I may or may not be embarrassed over.
1. 1-2-3 by Gloria Estefan It was a toss up between this and Reach, which was the theme song for the 1996 Olympics. We did it in sign language as the opening number for our big end-of-the-summer production at the University of Miami theatre camp. That is one cheesy song, but so is this. It reminds me of growing up in Miami, sitting in the backseat of my parents' Mercedes, driving over the ocean on I-95.
2. I Can't Wait by Hilary Duff Yes, I was a slave to Lizzie McGuire. Yes, I bought a bootleg copy of The Lizzie McGuire Movie on Canal Street days after it debuted in theaters. Yes, I went to her concert last summer and loved every minute of it. YES, I AM A NERD.
3. Salaam by Sheva We used to sing this in BBYO. It's sung in Hebrew and only has two lyrics.
Od yavo' shalom aleinu
Ve al kulam.
Which translates to:
Peace will come upon us
and on everyone.
4. You are Everything by The Stylistics I had to include a Wonder Years moment on this list. From the episode "Double Date", this is the song that plays when Kevin and Winnie each ditch their respective date and search frantically for one another on the dance floor. They go to the cliff (standard makeout place) and are clearly still so in love, even though they have just broken up. Kevin is so riled up that he kisses her on the eye instead of the mouth. She then kisses him on his eye. Meanwhile, I'm sobbing like a baby.
5. For Once in My Life by Stevie Wonder This reminds me of the end of Exodus. Ari: "I drove to work in an $80,000 Mercedes, I'm driving home in a prop car from the 'Fast and the Furious'." Then he drunkenly dances with Mrs. Ari outside of their house; it's one of my favorite Entourage scenes of all time.
I would like to tag...
Rhymes with Cori
Magnolias, Marriage and Manhattan
A few other important pieces of news...
The lovely people over at Tailor New York wanted me to let you all know about coupon code "luke631" and a 30% private sale with free shipping and a free belt all summer long with every purchase!
The first NYC Bloggers dinner will take place two weeks from tomorrow. If you're in the area and would like to join in the fun, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I received a pair of Princess Peach earrings in the mail yesterday and there was no note in the package. If you sent me these, please email me at email@example.com so that I can send you a proper thank you!
I'm back from the East End! Photos and stories starting tomorrow.