I'm sorry for being such a total Negative Nancy on Monday. Sometimes the best way for me to snap out of it is to go the complete opposite direction. Maybe my MOMD/MIM (check the Glossary, people) really IS out there. So this week, my Friday Five is... (drum roll please)...
The Five Things A Guy Should Know Before [He Attemps to] Sweeping Me Off My Feet
1. If my family doesn't adore you, you're not going to make the cut.
2. I know girls who get into a relationship and take on their boyfriend's social life as their own. This works for them. It will not work for me. Between my friends, my sorority, soon-to-be Junior League, and whatever else I fill up my plate with from the social buffet of life, I have a good thing going on and I refuse to give it up for anyone. I require a certain amount of "me time". I will love you, adore you, and spoil you beyond belief, but we will not be attached at the hip. You need your BNOs as much as I need my GNOs, and I will encourage that. We will not BlackBerry Message/talk on the phone/text/G-chat excessively and you will not what I'm doing at every moment of every day. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, and it just doesn't work well for me. I need a little mystery. It's sexy.
3. I am as dependent as I am independent. I am emotional and passionate. I had a boyfriend who couldn't watch me cry and got up and left at the first sign of a sniffle. Don't do that. I need and want to be adored and sometimes, a bit babied. You will get the same from me in return. Take good care of me and I will take very good care of you.
3.5 And on that note, don't say anything that you don't REALLY mean. If I had a dollar for every time a boy told me, "You're the one and I'm going to marry you someday" and then ran off with the next hussy he saw, I'd have, like, five dollars.
4. You need to know my position on sports. I love the NBA and am often frustrated living in a city where it is very underappreciated due to a lagging team (coughKNICKScough). I am a die hard Miami Heat fan. DIE. HARD. Cried tears of joy when we won the championship against my second favorite team, the Dallas Mavericks, in 2006. I do not understand football and don't pretend to, but I will always cheer on the Miami Dolphins, the Dallas Cowboys, and the New York Giants. I went to a university that did not excel in athletics and therefore I much prefer professional sports to college sports. Actually, I don't give a hoot about college sports with the exception of Texas football, Miami football, and March Madness as a whole (though I've never filled out a bracket because I don't like doing things that I'm clueless about). I love tennis and try to go to the US Open every year. Golf bores me and I never liked Tiger Woods. I am NOT a Yankees fan. I am NOT BY ANY MEANS athletic. I like to play softball and tennis. I'm terrible at both but I look cute in the outfits.
5. My favorite thing is to be surprised, and I'm a tough person to shock. Pull it off and you will be rewarded. I may seem high maintenance, but the truth is that it doesn't take much to make me happy and the littlest things often mean the most.