This week I've decided to devote all of my posts to the big number on my mind and the age I'm about to turn - 25! I thought it might be fun to write lists of 25. Today's list is about my favorite simple pleasures. I think sometimes the best things in life are the littlest.
1. Lighting my Slatkin & Co. Vanilla Shortbread candle. I've tried many different candle brands and scents, and I recently picked this up at a B&BW sale and have been using it every single day.
2. Putting on my purple J. Crew pajamas right after I take them out of the drier.
3. Opening my mailbox and seeing what's inside. At least once a week (usually more), I get fun mail. Today, I received a coupon for free oatmeal at Starbucks. That will make waking up tomorrow just a bit sweeter!
4. Handing someone a present and watching the expression on their face change.
5. Dancing on the elliptical when a good song comes on.
6. Milk and cookies.
7. Bubble baths with the lights off. (Side note: I hate how TV shows make it seem like couples in NYC take romantic baths together. My tub is barely big enough for just me!)
8. Laughing really, really loudly.
9. Waiting in line at Starbucks. Yes, I actually find this pleasurable! Today, I noticed this artwork on the wall and felt totally inspired.
10. Holding my little sister's hand.
11. Seeing the red light flash on my BlackBerry and knowing that someone is thinking of me (even if it is J. Crew).
12. Looking at old photos.
13. Making things from the box. Whether it's Funfetti or Kraft Mac & Cheese, it's one of the rare instances that I can put in a little effort and get a really great result.
14. Reading in bed.
15. Finding a great bargain and buying it.
16. Being the black (yellow?) sheep of my family.
17. Beautiful underpinnings. I once read that wearing nice lingerie/undergarments/what have you can improve your mood. SO true!
18. The moments after I wake up but before I get up. I roll around in bed and take in the the sunshine and the coolness of my sheets.
19. Answering questions. Sharing little innocuous parts of myself with others.
20. Discovering a new song that I love or hearing an old favorite that I haven't thought about in years.
21. Sipping a great glass of sangria.
22. Putting together an outfit. Pairing skirts with shoes. Belting dresses. Picking out earrings.
23. Giving myself manicures. Clipping, filing, cuticle softener, nail base, nail polish, top coat, dry.
24. Making fun of myself.
25. When the clock strikes 11:11. I get to make a wish. It's my favorite time of day.