1. I like to watch Mean Girls and pretend it's still 2004 and that Lindsay remains gorgeous, innocent, and sweet. Same with The Parent Trap and 1998.
2. Both the amount of food I eat and the amount I weigh are super embarrassing. I know this because on the rare occasion I do reveal my weight to someone, they always gasp and say something along the lines of, "No, that can't be right!" I can't help it. I have a huge appetite and never really feel satisfied. I'm chowing down on a whole wheat pita topped with Nutella and granola as we speak.
3. I finished all of my Valentines yesterday, but the truth is that I didn't send to all of my friends. And it's NOT because I don't love them, but for several other reasons. a) I'm trying to be more cash conscious and b) I tried to send only to the people who in return always make an effort to send mail to me, whether it be a holiday card or a thank you note. Right or wrong, in my mind, those will appreciate a Valentine the most and why send to someone who probably doesn't really care or mind either way?
4. It kind of irks me when people use Twitter solely as a platform to complain. Geez Louise, say something positive! You'll feel better.
5. At the all-girls Superbowl party I was at, we changed the channel to Animal Planet during the commercials. The screen read "Puppy Bowl VI" and I yelled out "PUPPY BOWL FOUR!!!". One of my closest girl friends was sitting next to me and she said, "Or, Puppy Bowl SIX". The room erupted in laughter. I'm bad at Roman Numerals!
6. I hold grudges. I wish I didn't but I have a hard time letting go.
7. I like being single. There, I said it. I love taking up the whole bed (gasp if you must, but I lived with a boyfriend once and know what it's like to share a bed with someone every single night WITHOUT being married) and doing things my way. BUT, I love being in love and miss it. And I hate dating. Yes, this has and will continue to pose a problem.
8. On the same note, I was having dinner with a dear friend last week and she casually mentioned that she sort of stumbled upon said ex-boyfriend's wedding website. We had a good laugh about it and I then shrugged and said, "What can I do? I wish them the best." WHOA, even I was surprised to hear those words come out of my mouth. But I meant it! I guess I don't always hold grudges. (EDIT: For the record, NO, I have not looked at the wedding website and I most certainly don't plan on it. Ignorance is bliss to me, my friends.)
9. I LIVE for Girls Night Out and have trouble being friends with girls who feel the opposite.
10. This one is sort of embarrassing. Several months ago, I stopped blow drying my hair. I shower at night, let it air dry, sleep on it, and Chi it in the morning. I know, how lazy can I get, right? But the thing is, I've been styling my hair since I was 14 (before then I made one of my parents blow dry it for me - confession ten point five!) and after ten years of endless hours every week acting as a slave to my tresses, I got tired. This way it's only exposed to half the heat damage, and I spend much less than half of the time on it. And hey, it still looks pretty decent, and most importantly, healthy!
What will you confess today?