Bet you missed this, huh?
Coming to you live from our nation's capital. So without further ado...Five things I love about Washington DC!
1. It's in the Northeast, but it's still pretty Southern. Best of both worlds.
2. The food! I had a spectacular dinner at Art and Soul last night (chef/owner Art Smith is Oprah's former personal chef) that consisted of: shrimp and grits, a carmalized apple and bleu cheese hoecake, and ricotta donuts. Plus, my favorite cafe chain, Corner Bakery, is front and center in Union Station!
3. The sights. I got some spectacular photos yesterday that I wll share with you next week.
4. The history and the preservation. Goes without saying.
5. The all-around serenity, even with all the hustle and bustle. It's a great mix.
As always, wishing you a wonderful weekend!