What was I thinking? I purposefully never set this goal because it's so deluded. Hence the asterisk. Not that I'm a secret hoarder buried in credit card debt or attending the Shopaholics Anonymous meetings, but I AM an expert bargain finder and can't leave something really good behind. My whole family is in fashion, and to just cut out shopping completely is unrealistic. So I'm going to go ahead and clarify the barriers for this one...
1. No unplanned large purchases. IE no more wandering onto the 2nd floor of Bloomingdale's and buying that Equipment shirt I had to have. In all fairness, I've had it less than two months and have probably worn it ten times. I really did have to have it.
2. No shopping at LuluLemon. As much as I may want to. I'm in there at least once a week and it's hard to leave empty handed. I do need to hop in there to pick up a pair of pants they hemmed for me and possibly exchange a sports bra (the SBC is in less than two weeks!) but I will not walk out of there with any additional purchases. I will not.
3. No shopping at SoulCycle. Same as above. Just treated myself to the "ROCKSTAR" tank which I'm psyched about.
4. No buying basics or staples UNLESS I've gone through my wardrobe and determined I absolutely need it. Here's where it gets tricky. Is a J. Crew Villa dress a staple?
5. No online shopping. If I absolutely have to purchase the item, it has to have been on my body.
Hot damn. It's a good thing I don't have much shopping planned for this weekend. Wishing you a wonderful one!